Is your hectic schedule getting in the way of your summer fitness goals?
- First off, preparation is essential! 9 times out of 10 I know I’m going to be ripping and running the streets! Therefore ordering meal prep is always a great idea. It could be costly but poor health I’m sure will cause you more in the end. Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself, but honestly, it can be pretty affordable and not to mention delicious. If you do decide to go that route, I suggest Fit Mom Cooks.
- For us ballers on a budget, prep your stuff yourself. You do know the freezer can change your life right? Sundays are my free day, so that would be an ideal day for me to prep. Try cooking up a few meals for the week and storing them in the freezer. On my Pinterest, I have some suggestions for quick and easy meals on the go! Check it out for additional ideas.
- Protein! There are some great healthy proteins out there. I suggest finding one you love and using it as a meal replacement. There are tons of good quality proteins that won’t break the bank. I’m still searching for the perfect one so I won’t suggest one. When I find it, I’ll let you know!
- Snacks in yo trunk. Now I don’t mean junk in yo trunk; I mean the good stuff! Get the snacks that are good for you and too you. Trail mix (with almonds) is always a great alternative… lol don’t go eating out all the M&M’s ( like I do! ). It’s also important to remember, it’s a snack! So save some for later or for the kiddos. Those of us with kids know they only want what we have! Another great snack choice is blueberries. They are filled with antioxidants, good to your belly and taste great!
- Drink water and stretch your legs with a quick walk. Sometimes we think we are hungry when we really are just a little dehydrated. Also walking helps with the hunger cravings… So they say (Well Dr. Oz says, so it must be true! lol)! Try it and let me know! Lastly, I want to leave you with a few tips to help fight cravings.